Your man has asked the question, and now it’s your turn! Choosing who to put in your bridal party can be a difficult task. You might say you only want a few bridesmaids, but you can’t leave anyone out! So what do you do when you end up with a 10 bridesmaids who all have different opinions and personalities? We have the answers! Here are some tips on how to manage this large bunch.
- Be clear and decisive– When dealing with this many people, too many opinions will leave you feeling defeated and probably annoyed. Avoid this stress by being clear and decisive about what you want and make sure this message is received correctly by the bridal party.
- Designate one or two leads– By this we mean pick one or two of the bridesmaids that will act as a liaison between you and the rest of the group when it comes to relaying messages or gathering information. Your maid of honor will definitely be busy with all of her best friend duties, so it’s a good idea to designate one other person to help keep the group on the same page.
- Remember it’s YOUR day– It’s going to be nearly impossible to get a large group to agree on anything wedding related so don’t worry yourself with trying to please everyone. Not to say you should ignore all of their opinions, but remember this day is about you and your fiance so make decisions the two of you are happy with.
- Loosen the reigns a bit– It’s a fact of life that we can’t control everything and your wedding party is no different. Take stress off yourself and please your party by designating certain decisions for them to make on their own. If you want them to all have the same jewelry, let them pick their shoes or hairstyle. This will give them some freedom while lowering the number of decisions you have to make.
- Take pictures before the wedding– Even if you’re not into a first look, with a large bridal party it is important to at least take bridesmaids and groomsmen photos before the ceremony. This will ensure you get the quality of photos you are hoping for and that guests won’t get restless waiting on you to arrive.
- Enjoy it– This is a special instance where all of your different groups of friends get together at the same time. Take time to enjoy the company of your bridal party because they are all doing this to support and show love for you!